Friday, February 09, 2007

Pump House



Some of the drinking water for the greater Sacramento area comes from this spot on the American River. The water is drawn out of the river and then processed in a plant just adjacent to California State University, Sacramento. The water comes down from the Sierra Nevada Mountains in the two forks of the American River, ending up in Folsom Lake. The water continues through the Folsom Dam into Lake Natomas before exiting through the Nimbus Dam. The confluence of the American River and the Sacramento River is not too far downstream from this pump. From there the water enters the Delta before flowing to the Pacific Ocean through San Pablo Bay, San Francisco Bay and finally out through the Golden Gate.

Do you ever wonder about the journy of one drop of water?

3 comments:

kenju said...

Yes, I do. I also wonder how many possums get killed on the highways overnight and I wonder how many people all over the country are stopped at a stoplight at the same time I am....LOL

Michele sent me tonight. I have a surprise at my place!

Bunny said...

Sorry Mr Althouse but that's far too philosophical for me at this late time.
Maybe I'll think about it tomorrow.
Yes, I think I will. Thankyou.

Michele sent me

Lady Prism said...

uhuh...

I also wonder if clouds from here can get to there...


....also wonder where my whisper goes...

.....and how dark can the darkest dark dark really be..